Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Do I Know You?


Was just starting my brick run today (very fast, with beautiful form, of course) when a truck pulled up next to me and asked if I was the guy training for Hawaii.

Huh?

Having no clue who this guy was, I approached his car, hoping for some candy. Or a Powerbar Gel.

He had seen the article in a local paper had about me going to Kona; he's been twice and wanted to offer any help, information and a training partner. Since I have started this adventure, it has amazed me (though it shouldn't) the people who have offered help - teammates, former pros, bike shop owners, and complete strangers. Just goes to show what a great community and support network triathlon can be.



Photo compliments of finisherpix.com


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: