Saturday, February 18, 2012

Australia, mate!

Just got back from a few weeks Down Under - going back to where I lived for 3.5 years. It still amazes me how clean the capital cities (Sydney, Adelaide) are. In Sydney, it seemed like there were a lot more bike lanes then when I was last there 7 years ago, and a lot of commuters using them. In Adelaide (where I lived), the cycling culture seems to have really picked up. People of all shapes and sizes, some cruising, some hard core; more bike shops than I recall, too. I wonder if this is an effect of the Tour Down Under becoming more prominent on the Pro Tour.

While I didn't get a chance to bike, I did some running and swimming in; tried to find a tri or running race to jump into, but no luck.

Oh well - I guess sometimes a vacation can be just for fun...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment